RIDING GETAWAY WEEKENDS
In 2018 we will be offering a number of overnight riding getaway weekends for experienced riders. These weekends are the perfect opportunity for a fun and relaxing break from busy everyday life! Guests arrive Friday night and depart on Sunday afternoon. Accommodations will be in our historic farmhouse and include a private room for two (limited availability) or a bed in our comfortable bunk room. Relax in front of the stone fireplace with a good book and enjoy farm to table meals prepared by your hosts Kim & Carolyn.
Winter, spring, or fall, there are many activities and places to see.
Your weekend includes:
- Breakfast, Light Lunch and Farm to Table dinners (BYOB)
- A riding lesson (with Bekki Read)
- Private or social relaxation time in the spacious farmhouse, or the chance to explore some of many local attractions (see partial list below)
- Walking, sledding, snowshoeing, or naturalist-led hikes (with Jayson) on our 200-acre site
- Fun group activities - like a facilitated "paint and nibble"
- 4 participants minimum, 8 maximum
- Arrival - 4-7 pm Friday, Departure - 3 pm Sunday
- Registration & Payment Deadline - 14 days prior to start of Getaway weekend
- Cost: $385/person
2018 Riding Getaway Weekend Dates-
- January 12-14
- February 2-4
- March 16-18 (St. Patrick's Day Weekend)
- April 6-8
- May 25-27 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- September 21-23
- October 19-21
THE FARMHOUSE at ROUND ROBIN FARM Custom Getaways
Your hosts, Kim & Carolyn, live in part of the Farmhouse with their dogs Mocha & Tulip, and with Nana. Kim & Carolyn have been providing unique and wholesome catered fare for a wide range of events and gatherings for many years.
The charming farmhouse is set among hundred-year old apple and pear trees, overlooking the horse pastures and the mountains beyond. The house has a rich history and is said to have been the first home built in the Town of Tunbridge. It was extensively renovated in 2010 and now offers a very unique blend of elegance and country comfort, perfectly suited for group gatherings of all kinds. This could include business retreats, meetings, conferences, yoga retreats, staff parties, anniversaries and other celebrations. Special features for groups include a large kitchen with catering option, dining room, spacious living room, stone patio, and private meeting room with large screen audio/video capability. We create a cozy warm environment for guests of all ages. Your privacy is respected and your presence is welcomed in all common areas of the home.
The farm offers the perfect setting for a Vermont wedding and some spring and fall dates are available. For more information or to reserve your dates, please contact Kim and Carolyn at the e-mail link provided below.
We are happy to work with you to design your group getaway. Please contact us as far in advance as possible, as availability is limited.
Kim and Carolyn's Farmhouse Catering includes the option of offsite catering, as availability allows.
- Tunbridge World’s Fair (~5 minute drive)
- Strafford Nordic Center (right down the road!)
- The Worthy Burger, South Royalton
- Shopping and dining in quaint Woodstock
- Simon Pearce Flagship Store and Restaurant, Quechee
- Quechee Gorge
- Vermont Cheese Trail
- Vermont Brewery Tour
- Dartmouth College and Hanover, NH
- Skiing or Snowboarding at Suicide Six Resort (35 minutes), Killington / Pico (1 hour), Mount Sunapee (1 hour), or Sugarbush (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Diverse mountain biking trail options (Killington, Pittsfield, Norwich, and Hartford, VT - and Lebanon, Cornish, Hanover, and Plainfield, NH...to name a few)
- Feast & Field Market - Barnard, VT (great wholesome food, hard cider, and music in the summer and fall months)
- Long Trail/ Appalachian Trail